COVID-19 Tempesta Market’s Operations Statement
What we are doing to address the COVID-19 pandemic,
and how we ensure your food is prepared safely!
COVID-19 is in our communities and on our minds. Many customers like you rely on Tempesta Market for high quality, artisan crafted sandwiches and groceries. We don’t take this responsibility lightly, and of course Tempesta Market is committed to fulfilling your purchases as expected.
We also want to keep you informed about the steps we have taken to ensure that our workplace operations and practices meet the challenges presented in halting the spread of this virus.
As always, Tempesta Market encourages a healthy work environment. As part of our regular standard operating procedures, anyone that is ill has been instructed to stay home. Specifically, regarding the CDC “Interim Guidance for Businesses and Employers”, we have taken the following steps in order to stem the spread of COVID-19:
- Limit of 5 customers at a time are allowed inside the Market.
- No bare hand contact of any food!
- Cut staff to minimal levels.
- Time has been taken to thoroughly clean and sanitize the entire restaurant.
- Regimented more stringent hand washing procedures as a part of our interim operations.
- Limited employee interaction to those important to work related tasks at hand.
- Outside the necessity for assistance, employees are asked to maintain 6 feet working distance from one another.
- Regardless of how the employees feel, we have instructed them to stay home if they feel any of the symptoms outlined by the CDC.
- If any employees show any symptoms on premise, they will be sent home immediately.
What can I do?
You can use our online ordering, for convenience, from a range of full products of our store.
Guests can still place an order over the phone and pay with credit card for limited contact.
Guests are still welcome to come into our store and shop from our meat and cheese case and pantry selection.
Please respect each other’s space and understand if we ask you to wait outside if occupancy is over 5 guests.
Italian: nickname for someone with a blustery temperament, from tempesta ‘storm’, ‘tempest’
Tempesta seems like a big step forward for the family business, but, per Tony, it’s been a long time coming. “We’ve doubled our business every year,” he says. “Of course, we are a tiny speck in the market, but we plan to keep growing.”
But in-between…There will be Sandwiches.
Please stop in for a bite to eat, say hello, or just explore the aroma of fresh, high quality food.
Call Us for more information and sourcing many of our best ingredients. For business inquiries please visit our contact page.
©2017 All Rights Reserved.